Norton is the antivirus program that is known for monitoring the device security but when you receive the pop up saying that Norton won’t open then users can get frustrated. But you can try these solutions to remove these error from your system:
Close all running programs
restart the computer and try opening antivirus again.
One can also try to install the Norton Removal and Reinstall tool so that you can first uninstall the infected program
Once uninstallation is completed reinstall Norton and check if it works.
Note :-If you have Norton Family installed, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. You can reinstall Norton from www.norton.com/setup.
Steps to fix Norton not opening issue
- Restart the computer
- Exit all programs.
- Restart the computer.If the problem persists, go to Step 2.
- Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- If you have Norton Family installed, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location.
- To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl + J key.
- Double-click the NRnR icon.
- click Agree on license agreement
- Click Remove & Reinstall.
- You may see the Remove button if your Norton product is from your service provider.
- Click Continue or Remove.
- Click Restart Now.
- After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton.